How could The Home Depot (THD) meaningfully reconnect 1:1 and memorably reengage with 5,000+ busy Contractors and home improvement professionals across Canada during the pandemic, where personal in-store interactions had become largely transactional due to Covid restrictions?
The Home Depot Delivers Another First
Virtual Solution “In-Store” for 7,000+ Home Improvement PROfessionals
The Home Depot PRO Appreciation Event is usually held in stores across Canada and is designed for certified and licensed home improvement professionals – busy people who shop frequently. They know the store layout and they know they can get in and out fast. THD is the place they go to get the latest information on new products and industry innovations. PRO Appreciation Events were cancelled due to Covid.
So, we created one national event bringing together every Canadian professional and vendor under one virtual roof using a new custom all-Canadian designed 3D, mobile-friendly event platform that replicated the store layout, aisle by aisle. We worked with JUNoO, an all-Canadian supplier specializing in immersive digital experiences to build from the ground up a custom, familiar and easy to navigate platform for Event Day. From the simple login to the opening 1-2-3 instructional video to the 3D animation and graphics, navigation was easy, clear and familiar.
Animated visitors “walked” from the parking lot, right through the familiar orange sliding entrance doors and then intuitively chose the aisle they wanted to head down – from Electrical to Lighting to Plumbing, and more.
There were 24 vendor booths complete with new, exciting and innovative content, specifically curated for the PRO audiences and their unique business needs. Gamification drove participation as visitors collected badges for every action and activity.
- More than 7,000 industry professional contractors joined this inaugural event – one of the largest one-day virtual events in Canada, exceeding our expectation of 5,000 attendees
- Visitors attended from every province & the Northwest Territories
- Almost 1/3 of attendees were Contractors & residential builders
- Average attendee spent more than one hour at the event
- Over 50% joined by mobile or tablet
- Almost 700 attendees visited each trade booth & stayed for 3 minutes on average
- Over 90% keen to attend another virtual PRO event