Supervisor, Conferences & Events
Who is Proof Experiences
Proof Experiences is a marketing agency committed to designing and executing insights-led and measurement-based brand experiences that deliver results. Our team specializes in building virtual and face-to-face experiences including: events, conferences, consumer education, experiential activations and other memorable connections with brands & businesses.
We are looking for an experienced Supervisor, Conferences & Events to strategically lead and support in the management and execution of a wide variety of live, virtual and hybrid conferences and events.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with proven experience in the fields of conferences and events. This person will lead programming that meets Proof Experiences high quality standards. As a Supervisor, Conferences & Events you will play a leading role in and oversee program execution as well as work closely with your manager on account and client management.
The Supervisor, Conferences & Events role will be evaluated on 4 key criteria: Program Management & Execution, People Skills, Client & Vendor Management and contribution to Company Culture & Values.
Program Management & Execution
- Provide day-to-day account leadership on all program management, execution, communications and support to a variety of new and existing Proof Experiences clients
- Execution management – oversee production and technical aspects of live and virtual events – i.e. virtual event platforms, streaming partners, all production requirements, venues, speakers, video production, event staff.
- Comfortable testing technology, virtual event platforms, and making informed recommendations to clients based on functionality, budget, and client-needs.
- Proactively manage expectations of clients, stakeholders and team
- Time management – manage time appropriately meeting demanding/competing deadlines
- Problem solving – resourceful in finding quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties
as they arise
- Reporting – collect data and report on events with clear insights
- Attention to detail – maintain accuracy and timeliness when submitting weekly timesheets, expenses, meeting agendas and any other internal or external administrative activities
- Stress management – thrive in a fast paced environment and manage stressful
situations with ease
- Contingency planning – anticipate key issues and needs of clients
- Demonstrate an active understanding of client’s business and competitive landscape
- With senior support, develop on-strategy over-arching account plans
- Develop and manage program specific budgets
- Work with reporting manager to support in building proposals for RFP’s
- Work with account teams to develop client proposals: research, idea generation, concept development, budgets, etc.
- Oversee timely and detailed invoicing / overall account monitoring
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Actively manage and mentor junior staff on various activities
- Communicate in a crisp, concise, meaningful, confident, trustworthy manner to team, and staff
- Effectively utilize resources and delegate tasks
- Lead direct reports and encourage goal setting, feedback and performance development planning
- Identify opportunity areas and recommend ways to achieve growth and development for direct reports
- Reinforce positive behaviours and set expectations on building trust with direct reports
- Sustain a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and open communication
- Field Management – provide program oversight and manage general quality control on elements such as recruitment and training of Brand Ambassadors, in-field management and reporting
Client & Vendor Management
- Build a rapport with Clients
- Seek opportunities to grow existing business on a daily basis via existing accounts
- Maintain and nurture client relationships, proactively looking ahead to “what’s next”
- Participate in organic and new business opportunities with the support of your Reporting Manager
- Establish basic protocol and procedures by developing local marketing materials and messages in conjunction with the Proof Experiences head office – from case studies to creds decks to our “elevator pitch”, highlighting our expertise
- Develop and maintain relationships with local contacts, suppliers and industry associations
- Assist with new business opportunities and program partnerships in Western Canada as Proof’s presence continues to grow
- Minimum 5 years of full cycle experience planning multi-day conferences, meetings and / or large events (live, virtual or hybrid)
- College or university degree or equivalent (Business, Marketing, Sport and Event Marketing, Sponsorship)
- Certifications an asset: PMP, CMP, DES, VEMM
Why work at Proof Experiences
We care about employee engagement and continue to assess and implement new strategies to thank our employees for their great work. In 2017 Proof Experiences was certified one of Canada’s Great Places to Work and recently celebrated making the 2018 Best Workplaces™ in Canada list! We also partake in the Great Place to Work Engagement Survey to continuously evolve and improve. Here are a few Proof Experiences Perks:
- Orange Days
- Anniversary Trips