Part-Time Accounting Assistant
Reporting To: Accounting Services Manager (3 Days per Week)
Who is Proof Experiences
Proof Experiences, formerly known as Free For All Marketing, is a marketing agency committed to designing and executing insights-led and measurement-based brand experiences that deliver results.
For almost 20 years, we have been industry leaders in shaping impactful experiences that inspire everyone they touch.
We strongly believe our people are the drivers of our success and we work hard every day to create an inspiring and engaging work culture that attracts and retains the industry’s top talent. We have a reputation for fostering professional development, collaboration and pride in everything we do.
Our team specializes in building face-to-face experiences including: events, conferences, consumer education, experiential activations and other memorable connections with brands. We bring brands to life and intercept consumers at the most impactful points along the path to purchase.
With our office in Toronto, Proof Experiences is a Canadian industry leader. Previously ranked one of the Top 500 Fastest Growing Companies in Canada by PROFIT, our team was also certified as a Great Place To Work in 2017. Most recently, Proof Experiences was named to the 2018 Best Workplaces™ in Canada list.
The Entry Level Accounting Assistant will support the overall day to day functions of the accounting team while owning administrative and accounting duties such as high volume Brand Ambassador payroll. In addition, this role will include assistance with special projects and other ad hoc duties and assignments to continuously improve efficiencies. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a collaborative environment, is deadline driven and has an adept ability to multitask. This individual must have strong attention to detail, great communication, and the want to work in a collaborative, engaging environment.
Accounting & Finance
- High volume contractor/vendor payments through Quickbooks and Telpay (approx. 150/week)
- Error checking of paysheets to minimize improper payments
- Manage accounting inbox
- Issue weekly payments for mileage, per diems and floats through Quickbooks
- Weekly transmissions to telpay
- Data entry and monitoring of contractor information
- Yearly filing of high volume T4A slips – run reports, remove non taxable payments
- Monthly insurance payments and reports
- Corporate credit card management
- Contractor reference checks
- Bank reconciliations
- Additional tasks as assigned
Culture & Values
To successfully deliver The Proof Experience, potential candidates must possess these key values:
- Excellence – You demonstrate expertise in building quality into your work at every step in an activation
- Collaboration – You believe that shared knowledge and collective talents result in greater value
- Integrity – You act with honesty and integrity, never compromising the truth
- Commitment – You are dedicated to seeing a program through, start to finish, never letting obstacles get in your way
- Empathy – You are curious and possess a desire to know and understand others
- Trust – You inspire confidence from others through behaving in consistent and reliable ways
- Proven 1+ years relevant industry or agency experience
- College or university degree or equivalent an asset (Accounting, Finance)
- Strong communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Fast/proven data entry of keyboard and numbers
- Experience working with Quickbooks, Telpay, Sage Timeslips and Excel
Why work at Proof Experiences
We care about employee engagement and continue to assess and implement new strategies to thank our employees for their great work. In 2018 Proof Experiences was certified one of Canada’s Great Places to Work and recently celebrated making the 2019 Best Workplaces™ in Canada list! We also partake in the Great Place to Work Engagement Survey to continuously evolve and improve. Here are a few Proof Experiences Perks:
- Orange Days – One day off with pay per year, to experience something unique of their own to stir curiosity, stimulate creativity and re-invigorate our employees!
- Anniversary Trips – To celebrate employee’s key milestones, employees who have completed five years of service receive an amount towards a trip of their choosing AND an additional weeks’ vacation; additional amount towards a ‘life experience’ after ten years of service.
- Culture – We enjoy spending time together and celebrating our unique culture. There is something for everyone to participate in from Run Clubs, Lunch and Learns, Charity Drives, Seasonal Parties and our Annual Retreat.
- Committees – We have multiple committees to bring employees together with common passions and goals: Social Connections Committee, Purpose Committee and Wellness Committee.
Apply now! If interested please send your resume to Katelyn McGee, Manager, People & Culture – firstname.lastname@example.org
Proof Experiences is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, please contact Katelyn McGee, Manager, People & Culture at email@example.com