Account Manager, Conference & Events
Reporting To: Director, Conference & Events
Who is Proof Experiences
Proof Experiences is a marketing agency committed to designing and executing insights-led and measurement-based brand experiences that deliver results. Our team specializes in building virtual and face-to-face experiences including: events, conferences, consumer education, experiential activations and other memorable connections with brands & businesses.
We are looking for an experienced Manager, Conference & Events provides day-to-day account support to a variety of clients and senior team members as required in the execution of campaigns. This person is accountable for ensuring the execution of event requirements, managing internal and client relationships and, ensuring quality service is delivered. A s a Manager, Conference & Events you will play an independent role in execution and a supporting role in account and client management.
The Manager, Conference & Events role will be evaluated on 4 key criteria: Program Management & Execution, People Skills, Client & Vendor Management and contribution to Company Culture & Values.
Program Management & Execution
- Oversee production and technical aspects of virtual events – from virtual event platforms to streaming partners to all production requirements.
- Comfortable testing technology, virtual event platforms, and making informed recommendations to clients based on functionality, budget, and client-needs.
- Liaison with Creative, Audio-Visual, Platform & Streaming (both internal and external) partners to negotiate pricing and establish solutions and timelines
- Oversee registration and event communication process and reporting (sponsorship, attendee, speakers etc)
- Conference planning, development & execution such as developing event budgets, critical paths, project plans and day-to-day management of event execution.
- Work with account teams to develop client proposals: research, idea generation, concept development, budgets, etc.
- Strong project management skills put to use to ensure the approved activations move forward, results are delivered, deadlines are met, budgets are adhered to and, quality service is delivered
- On-site oversight of events – managing and coaching of event teams (present for event execution on evenings and weekends when needed)
- Creative brainstorming, ideation and problem-solving
- Understand clients’ businesses and competitive landscapes
- Provide a strategic approach to client initiatives – anticipate key issues and client needs
- Interact with clients on a daily basis to provide status updates and recommendations
- Build strategic program budgets with support of program manager
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Actively mentor and delegate to Coordinators on various activities – provide support when needed
- Sustain a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and open communication
- Take initiative to showcase team successes
- Recommend and support skills training for junior staff
- Oversee Brand Ambassador hiring, training and performance management
Client & Vendor Management
- Seek opportunities to grow existing business on a daily basis via existing accounts
- Maintain and nurture client relationships, proactively looking ahead to “what’s next”
- Actively seek out and participate in new business opportunities e.g. research, idea generation, proposal development contributions, presentation, etc.
- Can describe the Proof Inc. family of services and proactively suggest ways to enhance Proof Experiences offerings with other Proof Inc. services
- Manage the flow of information and feedback with client contact
- Responsible for the timely and meaningful assembly of all reports
- Manage Vendor relationships and negotiation of contracts
Culture & Values
To successfully deliver The Proof Experience, potential candidates must possess these key values:
- Excellence – You demonstrate expertise in building quality into your work at every step in an activation
- Collaboration – You believe that shared knowledge and collective talents result in greater value
- Integrity – You act with honesty and integrity, never compromising the truth
- Commitment – You are dedicated to seeing a program through, start to finish, never letting obstacles get in your way
- Empathy – You are curious and possess a desire to know and understand others
- Trust – You inspire confidence from others through behaving in consistent and reliable ways
- Minimum 3+ years of full cycle experience planning multi-day conferences, meetings and / or large events (live, virtual or hybrid)
- Minimum 2 years experience executing virtual events (webinars, virtial conferences etc).
- Minimum 1 year experience with virtual event platforms such as Swoogo, Pheedloop, Hopin, Vfairs etc.
- Education: Degree or post-degree certificate in Event Management, Marketing, Communications, Business or other relevant designation an asset
- The following certifications are an asset: VEMM, DES, PMP, CMP
- Strong time-management and organizational skills to pivot quickly and manage multiple deadlines and priorities within a fast paced, high pressure environment. Ability to deliver in a deadline driven environment
- Experience with Event Management/registration software such as SurveyMonkey, EventWizard, Cvent, Fluid, etc.
- Comfortable learning new technologies with an aptitude to be the subject matter expert on registration and mobile app software
- Flexible team player who is able to quickly adapt to change and works well under pressure
- Strong relationship building skills with an ability to impact and influence at all levels
- Ability to travel as required, a valid driver’s license and passport is recommended and the ability to work variable hours (including weekends and evenings) driven by the needs of the business
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook
Why work at Proof Experiences
We care about employee engagement and continue to assess and implement new strategies to thank our employees for their great work. In 2017 Proof Experiences was certified one of Canada’s Great Places to Work and recently celebrated making the 2018 Best Workplaces™ in Canada list! We also partake in the Great Place to Work Engagement Survey to continuously evolve and improve. Here are a few Proof Experiences Perks:
- Orange Days
- Anniversary Trips
Proof Experiences is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, please contact Katelyn McGee at email@example.com