Summer Intern –
Conference & Events
Do you have a passion for the creation and management of stand-out events? Proof Experiences is looking for an eager and self-motivated co-op/intern marketing student to join our team as a Conference & Events Intern! As our Conference & Event intern, you will have the opportunity to do more than just the average internship, and gain true hands-on experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This internship will provide you with valuable insights and practical skills as you assist in the planning, coordination and execution of both in-person and virtual events.
Join us and be part of a dynamic team where each day is a new adventure in the world of conferences and events!
What you’ll do:
- Work with various in-office Account Teams as assigned on event logistics e.g. Assisting with execution of activity, dining, speaker and gifting recommendations, venue/vendor research, sourcing based on specified budgets
- Provide onsite support for events to assist with room set up, registration desk and other onsite responsibilities as well as virtual tech support.
- Lead training sessions and build ambassador teams for activations
- Travel locally as needed with summer events, acting as front-line program representative and liaison in-field, program set-up, event execution, social media, tear-down and post-event reporting
- General office administration such as assisting with the scheduling, note-taking, and note distribution for client planning meetings as required
- Assist in program meetings, strategic planning, event execution and reporting
- Collaborate with senior team members and work independently
- Flexibility to travel locally as required
Who you are:
- You are very organized, and have the ability to manage a multitude of tasks, deadlines and clients
- You have strong communication skills: both oral and written
- Well organized, detail oriented and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook)
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and
- You are adaptable and able to work under pressure
- You are creative in idea generation, account solutions and strategic “out-of-the-box” thinking
- You embody and respect our values of excellence, collaboration, integrity, commitment, empathy and trust!
What you’ve done:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated hospitality, marketing, event management program or post-graduate program
- Posses an Ontario G-class drivers license. Asset to be over 21 to rent vehicles
Salary and Requirements:
About Proof Experiences:
Proof Experiences is committed to designing and executing insights-led and measurement-based brand experiences that deliver results. We strongly believe our people are the drivers of our success and we work hard every day to create an inspiring and engaging work culture. We have a reputation for fostering professional development, collaboration and pride in everything we do.
Follow Proof Experiences at proofexperiences.com and on Instagram & Facebook at @proofexperiences.
Proof Experiences is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.