Summer Event Intern
Reporting to: Manager, Client Service
Who is Proof Experiences
Proof Experiences is a marketing agency committed to designing and executing insights-led and measurement-based brand experiences that deliver results. Our team specializes in building virtual and face-to-face experiences including events, conferences, consumer education, experiential activations & tours and other memorable connections with brands & businesses.
Proof Experiences is a Canadian industry leader. Previously ranked one of the Top 500 Fastest Growing Companies in Canada by PROFIT, our team was also certified as a Great Place To Work in 2018, 2019 & 2022.
- Work with various in-office Account Teams as assigned on event logistics e.g. event research, outreach to event venues, recruiting support staff, scheduling, securing of permits, social media support, production of event materials, travel coordination, etc.
- Travel across Canada acting as front-line program representative and liaison in-field, program set-up, activation, social media, tear-down and post-event reporting
- General office administration
- Assist in program meetings, strategic planning, event execution and reporting
- Attend, organize and evaluate training sessions
- Collaborate with senior team members and work independently
- Flexibility to travel as required. Travel expenses & accommodation provided by Proof Experiences.
- Prepare event teams for activations
- Train and lead in-field teams as required
- Currently enrolled in marketing or event management post grad
- Drivers license required. Asset to be over 21 to rent vehicles
- Possible Canada wide travel and weekend work is essential in this role
- Must be a people person!
- Good project management and relationship building skills
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks, deadlines and clients
- Resourceful / problem solver
- Well organized, detail oriented and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook)
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and open communication
- You embody and respect our values of excellence, collaboration, integrity, commitment, empathy and trust!
What can we offer you?
- Event planning, execution, debriefing, and project management
- Real industry know-how
- One-on-One weekly check-ins with senior team members
- Competitive salary
- Agency sponsored social events
This position runs for 4 months. May -Aug (can be adjusted slightly). You are expected to work 40+ hours/ week (hours will vary dependent on program needs) and will be paid a salary of $800/week.
Candidates who will succeed in this industry generally have a passion for people, strong organizational skills, are comfortable speaking to groups and enjoy traveling. You’ll be talking to thousands of people throughout these 4 months, sharing information, educating Canadians, and having FUN!
Proof Experiences is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. If you require accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, please contact Katelyn McGee, Manager, People & Culture, email@example.com