Conference & Events
Reporting to: Senior Program Manager, Conference & Events
Proof Experiences is looking for a skilled Program Manager Conference & Events with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience to join our specialized Conference & Events team in Toronto! This role will be responsible for logistically planning and executing a wide variety of live, virtual and hybrid conferences and events.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with proven experience in the fields of conferences and events. This person will lead programming that meets Proof Experiences high quality standards. As a Program Manager, Conference & Events you will play an operational and planning role in program execution as well as coordinator, vendor & client management.
This position will report directly to the Senior Program Manager, Conference & Events and contribute to the overall success of the Conference & Events department.
What You'll Do
Program Management & Execution
- Provide day-to-day event planning leadership on all program management, execution, communications and support to a variety of new and existing Proof Experiences clients
- Conference planning, development & execution such as developing event budgets, critical paths, project plans and day-to-day management of event execution.
- Work with account teams to develop client proposals: research, idea generation, concept development, budgets, etc.
- Execution management – manage production and technical aspects of live and virtual events. Skills required include but not limited to: venue sourcing and management, hotel blocks, air & group transportation set-up management, Food & Beverage planning, gifting, décor, speaker management, creative and printing, event staff, virtual & registration event platforms, and ability to manage production / audio visual requirements
- Proactively manage expectations of clients, stakeholders and team
- Time management – manage time appropriately and meeting demanding/competing deadlines (ie. Deadlines from two different clients)
- Problem solving – resourceful in finding quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties
as they arise
- Reporting – collect data and report on events with clear insights
- Attention to detail – maintain accuracy and timeliness when submitting weekly timesheets, expenses, meeting agendas and any other internal or external administrative activities
- Stress management – thrive in a fast paced environment and manage stressful
situations with ease
- Contingency planning – anticipate key issues before they arise and needs of clients
- Comfortable testing technology: registration platforms, virtual event platforms, and making informed recommendations to clients based on functionality, budget, and client-needs.
- Assist in development and management of program budgets & final reconciliation
- Ensure timely and detailed invoicing
- On-site execution management – working as part of a high performing event execution team (present for event execution on evenings and weekends when needed)
Client & Vendor Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry contacts, suppliers and industry associations
- Assit in building a postive and trusted rapport with multiple clients
- Maintain and nurture client relationships, proactively looking ahead to “what’s next”
- Field Management – provide program oversight and manage Trip Directors and other onsite event staff
- Lead direct reports and encourage goal setting, feedback and performance development planning
- Ability to identify opportunity areas and recommend ways to achieve growth and development for direct reports
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Who You Are
- You’re very organized and can manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills – communicate in a crisp, concise, meaningful, confident, trustworthy manner to team and clients
- You can effectively utilize resources and delegate tasks
- Can actively manage junior staff on various activities – reinforce positive behaviours and set expectations on building trust with direct reports
- Ability to sustain a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and open communication
- Provision in Microsoft office suite: PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- G drivers license an asset
- You embody and respect our values of excellence, collaboration, integrity, commitment, empathy and trust!
What You've Done
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a Program Manager focused capactiy
- Agency experience is an asset
- Plan and executed meetings, trade shows, galas, multi-day conferences, and travel programs
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of conference & events planning best practices, including logistics management, AV setups, air, hotel and other logistical elements
- Willingness to travel, work irregular hours, and be on-site during events as needed
- Certifications an asset: PMP, CMP, DES, VEMM
About Proof Experiences
Proof Experiences is committed to designing and executing insights-led and measurement-based brand experiences that deliver results. We strongly believe our people are the drivers of our success and we work hard every day to create an inspiring and engaging work culture. We have a reputation for fostering professional development, collaboration and pride in everything we do.
Follow Proof Experiences at proofexperiences.com and on Instagram & Facebook at @proofexperiences.
Proof Experiences is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.