Reporting to: Executive Creative Director
As a Copywriter you will be required to support the creative team across multiple projects at one time. You have completed a post-secondary program in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or other relevant field and have a desire to expand and improve on your skills as a creative writer.
The role reports directly to the Executive Creative Director and will provide the opportunity to work independently and collaboratively on a number of projects within the event marketing industry. This position includes ongoing opportunities to participate in the overall creative process, but is focused on developing copy for client brand campaigns, and occasionally for internal initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Conceptualize and execute brand messaging for our loyal clients, across a range of industries (Automotive, CPG, non-profit, etc…).
- Develop and prepare long & short form copy (headlines, calls to action, taglines, body copy) complement visuals created by our Art Directors and Designers for traditional and digital assets, including OOH, social content, signage, websites, emails, packaging, POS, presentations, etc…
- Meet timelines for multiple projects and communicate effectively with managers to prioritize workload
- Create exceptional work, on time, on budget
- Present your work with confidence, with the flexibility to accept constructive criticism and meet expectations
Who You Are:
- Detail oriented with strong proofreading skills
- Ability to work with multiple clients at once while adjusting tone of voice appropriately and always taking into account the target audience.
- The ability to think creatively and translate ideas into copy
- Ability to understand an audience, what resonates with them, and how to speak their language.
- Agile and innovative individual who can manage an environment of change and ambiguity
- Self-directed, proactive and able to manage own time and manage competing priorities effectively
- A natural collaborator, with a good sense of humour and a positive attitude towards working in a team environment.
- Care deeply about your work, clients, co-workers, working environment and your files!
- Resilient: able to take direction and feedback well with a positive attitude and offer alternative solutions (you have sound rationales, an opinion on what works best, and you want to express that opinion)
What You've Done:
- 4+ years of industry experience with a versatile portfolio of work
- Familiarity working in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook) and Google Enterprise
About Proof Experiences:
Proof Experiences is committed to designing and executing insights-led and measurement-based brand experiences that deliver results. We strongly believe our people are the drivers of our success and we work hard every day to create an inspiring and engaging work culture. We have a reputation for fostering professional development, collaboration and pride in everything we do.
Follow Proof Experiences at proofexperiences.com and on Instagram & Facebook at @proofexperiences.
Proof Experiences is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.