Conference & Events
Reporting to: Director, Conferences & Events
Proof Experiences is looking for an experienced Bilingual Manager, Conference & Events with a minimum of 3+ years of experience to provide day-to-day account support to a variety of clients and senior team members as required in the execution of conferences & events (live, virtual & hybrid). This person is accountable for ensuring the execution of event requirements, managing internal and client relationships and, ensuring quality service is delivered.
As a Bilingual Manager, Conference & Events you will play an independent role in execution and a supporting role in account and client management and be adept at speaking and writing in French to suit our client needs. The successful candidate will report into the Director, Conference & Events.
What You'll Do
- Conference planning, development & execution such as developing event budgets, critical paths, project plans and day-to-day management of event execution.
- Work with account teams to develop client proposals: research, idea generation, concept development, budgets, etc.
- Demonstrate leadership in the ability to align with the strategic plan and lead teams to execute against the plan
- Strong project management skills put to use to ensure the approved activations move forward, results are delivered, deadlines are met, budgets are adhered to and, quality service is delivered
- Comfortable testing technology, virtual event platforms, and making informed recommendations to clients based on functionality, budget, and client-needs.
- Liaison with Creative, Audio-Visual, Platform & Streaming (both internal and external) partners to negotiate pricing and establish solutions and timelines
- Ability to coach speakers in French & English
- Ability to create or validate French versions of websites and registration forms (copy provided)
- Lead onsite execution in French (supplier, speaker and attendee communications)
- On-site oversight of events – managing and coaching of event teams (present for event execution on evenings and weekends when needed)
- Participate in creative brainstorming, ideation and problem-solving
- Interact with clients on a daily basis to provide status updates and recommendations
- Build strategic program budgets with support of program manager
- Actively mentor and delegate to Coordinators on various activities – provide support when needed
- Recommend and support skills training for junior staff
- Oversee Brand Ambassador hiring, training and performance management
- Manage the flow of information and feedback with client contact
- Responsible for the timely and meaningful assembly of all reports
- Manage Vendor relationships and negotiation of contracts
Who You Are
- You’re a problem solver
- You are comfortable speaking and presenting in both French & English
- You provide a strategic approach to client initiatives – anticipate key issues and client needs
- You sustain a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and open communication
- You have strong time-management and organizational skills to pivot quickly and manage multiple deadlines and priorities within a fast paced, high pressure environment. Ability to deliver in a deadline driven environment
- You have strong relationship building skills with an ability to impact and influence at all levels
- You are a flexible team player who is able to quickly adapt to change and works well under pressure
- You are experienced in event management best practices within a third-party supplier environment
- You are comfortable learning new technologies with an aptitude to be the subject matter expert on registration and mobile app software
What You've Done
- Minimum 3+ years of full cycle experience planning multi-day conferences, meetings and / or large events (live, virtual or hybrid)
- Minimum 2 years experience executing virtual events (webinars, virtial conferences etc).
- Minimum 1 year experience with virtual event platforms such as Swoogo, Pheedloop, Vfairs etc.
- Education: Degree or post-degree certificate in Event Management, Marketing, Communications, Business or other relevant designation an asset
- The following certifications are an asset: VEMM, DES, PMP, CMP
- Experience with Event Management/registration software such as SurveyMonkey, EventWizard, Cvent, etc.
- Experience in a third-party supplier environment
- Ability to travel as required, a valid driver’s license and passport is recommended and the ability to work variable hours (including weekends and evenings) driven by the needs of the business
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook
PX Culture & Values
To successfully deliver The Proof Experience, potential candidates must possess these key values:
- Excellence – You demonstrate expertise in building quality into your work at every step
in an activation
- Collaboration – You believe that shared knowledge and collective talents result in
- Integrity – You act with honesty and integrity, never compromising the truth
- Commitment – You are dedicated to seeing a program through, start to finish, never
letting obstacles get in your way
- Empathy – You are curious and possess a desire to know and understand others
- Trust – You inspire confidence from others through behaving in consistent and reliable way
About Proof Experiences
Proof Experiences is a marketing agency committed to designing and executing insights-led and measurement-based brand experiences that deliver results. Our team specializes in building virtual and face-to-face experiences including: events, conferences, consumer education, experiential activations and other memorable connections with brands & businesses.
Proof Experiences is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace.
If you require accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, please contact Katelyn McGee at email@example.com