Bilingual Event Coordinator, Conference & Events
Reporting to: Director, Conference & Events
Who is Proof Experiences
Proof Experiences is a marketing agency committed to designing and executing insights-led and measurement-based brand experiences that deliver results. Our team specializes in building virtual and face-to-face experiences including events, conferences, consumer education, experiential activations & tours and other memorable connections with brands & businesses.
Proof Experiences is a Canadian industry leader. Previously ranked one of the Top 500 Fastest Growing Companies in Canada by PROFIT, our team was also certified as a Great Place To Work in 2018, 2019 & 2022.
The Event Coordinator provides day-to-day account support to a variety of clients and senior team members as required in the execution of conferences, and events (live, virtual and hybrid). This person is instrumental in coordinating the delivery of a range of event requirements and is adept at speaking and writing in French to suit our client’s needs.
- Oversee production and technical aspects of virtual events – from virtual event platforms to streaming partners to all production requirements.
- Comfortable testing technology, virtual event platforms, and making informed recommendations to clients based on functionality, budget, and client-needs.
- Liaison with Creative, Audio-Visual, Platform & Streaming (both internal and external) partners to negotiate pricing and establish solutions and timelines
- Oversee registration and event communication process and reporting (sponsorship, attendee, speakers etc)
- Be comfortable speaking and writing in French and English.
- Conference planning, development & execution
- Ability to coach speakers in French & English
- Well-versed in best-practices in conference management and virtual events
- Strong understanding of the client experience and program design
- Up to date with key industry partners, suppliers and vendors
- Supporting the strategic design and development of registration systems and managing attendance lists
- Assisting with execution of activity, dining, speaker and gifting recommendations
- Venue/vendor sourcing, contracting and negotiations based on specified budgets
- Vendor/city/product research
- Researching to maximize experience, budget and technologies used
- Provide onsite support for events to assist with room set up, registration desk and other onsite responsibilities as well as virtual tech support.
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record to deliver results with a can-do approach
- 1-2 years of experience planning multi-day conferences and / or large events
- Education: Degree or post-degree certificate in Event Management, Marketing, Communications or other relevant designation
- Strong time-management and organizational skills to pivot quickly and manage multiple deadlines and priorities within a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Experience with Event Management/registration software such as SurveyMonkey, EventWizard, Cvent, Fluid, etc.
- Aptitude to be the subject matter expert on registration and mobile app software
- Flexible team player who is able to quickly adapt to change
- Excellent bilingual (English & French) communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrate problem solving, negotiation & decision-making skills
- Strong relationship building skills with an ability to impact and influence at all levels
- Ability to travel as required, a valid driver’s license and passport is recommended and the ability to work variable hours driven by the needs of the business
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook
What can we offer you?
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental and Practitioners with our Group Health Benefit Plan, more details can be shared by our Manager, People and Culture.
- Paid holidays.
- Flexible work environment with both in office and work from home options.
- We enjoy spending time together and celebrating our unique culture. There is something for everyone to participate in from Run Clubs, Lunch and Learns, Charity Drives, Internal Committees, Seasonal Parties, and our Annual Retreat.
- To celebrate employee’s key milestones, employees who have completed five years of service receive an amount towards a trip of their choosing AND an additional weeks’ vacation; additional amount towards a ‘life experience’ after ten years of service.
- Continuous recognition and rewards to employees with the opportunity to give and receive small bonuses each month from fellow colleagues.
- Assisting with the scheduling, note-taking, and note distribution for client planning meetings as required
- Providing other administrative support as required to assist Account Managers to prepare and plan for conferences and events
- Source and arrange travel and transportation
- Assist with the packing and shipping of materials and ordering supplies
- Processing invoice payments
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate well and share responsibilities with co-workers
- Ability to work independantly and collaboratively on multiple events at the same time, with several different team members
- Strong commitment to providing superior service to our clients
- Participate in client update meetings & contribute program planning updates as needed
- Bring forward feedback and unique insights from the field
- Believes in going ‘the extra mile’ for an internal or external client
Staffing / Training:
- Work with internal resources to recruit target-right event staff/volunteers
- Assist with development of staff training resources and session logistics
- Provide staff with coaching, direction and infuse positive team energy
- Manage staff schedules and office-to-staff communication
- Manage staff hours and supporting payroll paperwork
- Compiling data on post program surveys and development of post program feedback summaries
- Detail-oriented and takes pride in the presentation and accuracy of their work
- Provide insightful program feedback to senior office staff